Curso de Inglés Gratuito A2
LEVEL A2 – PRE-INTERMEDIATE: THE CLAIRVOYANT
THERE IS AN OPTION FOR YOU TO TRANSLATE ALL THE TEXT
IN YOUR LANGUAGE (Top right > Select language > Click on the flags).
- To pay a visit to
- A clairvoyant
- She has looked through the ads
- To look through
- Someone who lives close by
- She does not believe in psychics
- To believe in
- She is willing to try it out once
- I have a question
- Will anyone fall in love with me?
- I see something
- Someone in your proximity
- To be attracted to
- I would do anything
- Can you tell me anything else?
- I can’t describe the person
- It will become clear
- To complete studies
- I just graduated from university
- To graduate
- According to what I see
- You are not done with academics
- Something is on your horizon
- I have missed university
- Someone you already know
- Who will guide you through something difficult
- To guide
- Come out stronger on the other side
LESSON 41 DIALOGUE
– The Clairvoyant –
Learn English – Lesson 41 – The Clairvoyant
Laura has decided to pay a visit to a clairvoyant because she has some questions about her future that she wants answers to. She has looked through the ads in her local newspaper and decided to see someone who lives close by. Although Laura does not believe in psychics, she is still willing to try it out once.
Clairvoyant: So, Laura, is there anything I can help you with?
Laura: Yes, I have a question. Will anyone fall in love with me soon?
Clairvoyant: I see something in your future. There is someone in your proximity who wants your attention, but you do not see anyone. Somebody is attracted to you and in the future this certain someone will be a very important person for you.
Laura: I would do anything to find out who that someone is. Can you tell me anything else about this person?
Clairvoyant: I see something, but it is not very clear. I can’t describe the person, but it will become clear to you.
Laura: Anything else?
Clairvoyant: There is something to do with your education. Did you recently complete your studies?
Laura: Yes! I just graduated from university a year ago.
Clairvoyant: Hmm.. Well, according to what I see you are not done with academics and education just yet. Something is on your horizon, and it looks like you will be returning to some form of institution for more education.
Laura: Really? I have missed university, but I haven’t wanted to return. Is there anything else you can tell me? Will I be meeting anyone interesting in the future?
Clairvoyant: Like I said before, someone you already know will become significant in your future. However, it also seems as if you will meet somebody new in the next six months who will guide you through something difficult.
Laura: Oh, I hope it’s not anything too difficult or serious!
Clairvoyant: No, my dear, if you make the right choices you will come out stronger than ever on the other side. Time is up now! Would you like to pay for another fifteen minutes?
Laura: No thanks, that is all I needed! Thank you, you’ve been very helpful.
Facts: The term clairvoyance (from French “clair” meaning “clear” and “voyance” meaning “vision”) refers to the ability to gain visual telepathic information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses.
COMPREHENSION QUIZZES (3 TO COMPLETE)
Interactive Video Comprehension Quiz 1:
Summary Statements Comprehension Quiz 2:
Drag and Drop Quiz 3:
GRAMMAR PRACTICE – INDEFINITE PRONOUNS II
We have seen in previous lessons the uses of some indefinite pronouns. We are going to review some of them and expand their uses.
- SOMEBODY/ SOMEONE – mainly in affirmative sentences.
Somebody/someone has burnt the book.
- SOMETHING – mainly in affirmative sentences.
Something interesting is happening.
- ANYBODY/ANYONE – Mainly in negative and interrogative sentences.
I didn’t see anybody.
- ANYTHING – Mainly in negative and interrogative sentences.
I didn’t say anything.
Indefinite Pronouns – Places
To refer to unspecified places we can use somewhere or anywhere. The uses of somewhere or anywhere correspond to those of some and any.
- SOMEWHERE – mainly in affirmative sentences.
In the future, I’ll move somewhere.
- ANYWHERE – Mainly in negative and interrogative sentences.
I won’t move anywhere.
At the same time there is also nowhere that can mean nowhere:
There is nowhere to travel
As you can see there are equivalences between different indefinite pronouns:
- All indefinite pronouns can carry an adjective behind:
Did you see anything important in the film?
- These pronouns can also carry infinitive behind with:
There is nothing to say.
I didn’t talk to anybody.
Difference between every and all
There are quite clear differences between one and the other:
- EVERY: refers to each element separately. Example:
Every student has their own desk.
- ALL: refers to everyone in its entirety. Example:
All the students have a desk.
Note, therefore, that:
- EVERY is always accompanied by a singular name. Example:
I wake up at 8 every day.
- EVERY agrees with a subjective and singular verb:
Every person in the world is different.
EVERYTHING + VERB IN SINGULAR
Everyone wants to be rich.
Everyone is going OK.
Difference between Every day and All day
- EVERY DAY: daily.
William studies at home for four hours every day.
- ALL DAY: from the beginning to the end of the day.
Felicity read all day yesterday.
- Related Pronunciation Video Lesson and interactive exercise(s):
- Hemos utilizado el curso gratuito en nuestras escuelas desde hace 10 años con mucha éxito.
La verdad es que este curso es suficiente para aprender inglés.
Sin embargo hemos trabajado el nuevo curso desde hace tres años y pensamos que con este tu puedes aprender por lo menos tres veces mas rápido.
Ofrecemos a todos nuestros antiguos alumnos y a los 5000 mil primeros suscritores el nuevo curso por solo 1€50 al mes.
Empieza cuando quieras sin compromiso de permanencia.
Les Ventajas del Nuevo Curso
Aprende inglés 3 veces
Curso De Fce
Disfrutar de nuestro Curso de FCE. Podemos garantizarse éxito en el examen de First Certificate. Haz una clase gratuita. Incluido en el 1€50 al mes
Accede a nuestros foros y todas tus preguntas estarán contestadas el mismo día.