Free English Course Online 20
- Vocabulary related to
- more prepositions of time – 2nd list
1/ Vocabulary Practice
- It is 3 o’clock
- To have time
- to mean
- to sit back
- to relax
- it is about
- the president
- united states
- to put
- a face
- a name
- to put a face to a name
- the actor
- the character
- the scenes
- well filmed
- the lighting
- because of
- it is better
- a warm place
- in the rain
- Look at the time
- he is still
- to enjoy
- to really enjoy
- the reception
2/ Grammar Practice
Let’s learn some more prepositions of time!
- from… to…
- until / till
I work from 10am to 6pm.
The meeting is from 2pm to 3pm.
After work I go home.
After living in London we want to live in Paris.
During the holidays I like to relax.
Is it open during the day?
Before work I like to have a big breakfast.
Call me before dinner!
He is here for 2 weeks.
I haven’t seen her for some time.
UNTIL = TILL
He is here until next week. / He is here till next week.
I have until January 8th to write my thesis.
While on holiday I like to do exercise.
I am dog sitting while they are away.
Since leaving that neighbourhood I am happier.
It has been this way since he left.
3/ Sentence Practice
- It is 3 o’clock, so Peter has three hours to watch the film. His friend John is working until 6 o’clock.
- That means he has 3 hours to just sit back and relax.
- The film is about the President of the United States of America. Peter likes History and politics, so he is very interested to put a face to a name.
- The actors are more famous than the characters.
- The scenes are very well filmed and the lighting is very good.
- Peter prefers smaller cinemas because there are fewer people. There are 15 screens and each room is quite small.
- Today there are more people than usual because of the rain.
- It is better to be in a warm place than outside in the rain.
- Look at the time! It is nearly half past five and Peter is still watching the film.
- He really enjoys the film and he says he will do it again soon. He walks to the reception to meet his friend
4/ Practice Quiz
Complete the quizzes below.
- Today’s words:
- Today’s grammar and sentences: