How to use Quora for Marketing?
In this blog post on how to use Quora for marketing, we will cover the following points:
- How to set up your Quora Profile?
- How to Find Quora Questions to answer in your niche?
- Best Practices in Quora Marketing
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Quora Ads
1/ How to set up your Quora Profile?
In order to get the most out of Quora for marketing purposes, you need to optimise your profile.
First, it’s important to note that you need to use your name; not that of your brand, and not some anonymous social media name. I don’t show up as “Languages247,” my profile says I’m “Peter Mattey.” People want to talk to people, not to automated responders.
Next, your profile bio is extremely important. This is an extremely short snippet of information that goes just under your name. It’s good to tell people exactly what you do for a living. Job titles are great to place here. Mine reads “Writer, Blogger, and Marketing Consultant.” This sums up exactly what I do and it will show up in search engines next to your profile name.
Under your brief profile, you can be more expansive. Here you can highlight your services, mention your business, and link to your website or add relevant contact information. You still want to keep this brief, but give out enough information so that users know they can trust your answers.
In the “About Section” to the right of your profile, you can add information like your location, past employment, your education. Most importantly, you need to add what you “Know About.” Make sure to include all areas of professional interest here; this is important to helping you find relevant questions.
Finally, add a profile picture of you, like the one I added.
Now that you have finished presenting yourself you can start finding questions to answer.
2/ How to Find Quora Questions to answer in your niche?
Finding and answering relevant questions is the key to a successful Quora marketing campaign. Answering these questions allows you to show your expertise in your field and promote your business at the same time.
Quora questions are automatically suggested for you to answer based on your stated areas of expertise. It’s essential to fill out the section on your expertise thoroughly, as discussed above. It is possible that you will receive emails with relevant questions that you can answer, this will happen as well when you visit the site and click “Answer” in the top navigation bar, you’ll see relevant questions that are recommended for you.
If there’s nothing there, you can use the search bar to find relevant questions to answer.
Subscribers to Quora can actually even choose you to answer their question. You will receive a notification if this happens. It is important to answer these questions when you can.
Remember, be thorough and informative when answering questions but keep it personal. Quora is a democratic community that votes on the answers that are most helpful, never forget this, do not be rude or arrogant. When it comes to questions in your industry, you must build a reputation as someone knowledgeable and helpful. You can use a few best practices to increase your success.
3/ Best Practices in Quora Marketing
Now that you have a perfect profile and you know how to find relevant questions, there are a few tricks you can use to maximise the results of your Quora marketing efforts.
[clickToTweet tweet=”When answering a Quora question remember: no showing off, by all means, be knowledgeable but be humble.” quote=”When answering a Quora question remember: no showing off, by all means, be knowledgeable but be humble.”]For better results, here are a few great best practices you can include:
- When answering a Quora question remember: no showing off, by all means, be knowledgeable but be humble. This seems counterintuitive, but it’s an important one. You can link to a relevant resource every now and then, but you shouldn’t be linking back to your site and blog posts too often. If you do, Quora might actually shut down your account. Instead, answer the questions asked with great advice. You can mention your title if relevant, and people can click to your profile for more info. That’s where you can promote yourself.
- Put yourself in the place of your readers, ask questions yourself. Do you want to know what your customers think? Don’t be afraid to ask a question. Not only you will get good feedback for yourself but you can see how other self-appointed experts answer.
- Quantity and quality, you have to engage often. The more you participate the more interactions you will have. The same is true for Quora marketing, by engaging regularly, you’ll build a stronger image with more authority. This will help immensely.
- Meet the stars. Try and connect with industry gurus, or potential customers who have companies. This action could bring you high-quality leads. You don’t want to be too pushy, but using Quora to connect with people who could help you advance your business is not a crime. Whether your object is to connect with someone who is looking for guest posts on their blog or who is looking to employ your services, treat everybody with the same respect. When you ask a question, don’t be afraid to target celebrities to find answers; easy outreach, after all, is what it is all about.
Wrapping up free Quora Marketing
Quora for marketing by answering relevant questions is a great way to establish personal or brand authority and it is an easy way to connect with the right audience. In my experience by answering questions, I have connected with users that are actively searching for my products or services. Quora is just about the best Social media platform to meet subscribers and get contracts.
4/ The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Quora Ads
Getting Started with Quora Ads
In order to advertise on Quora, you need to know a little about pay per click advertising. If you are already familiar with Google AdWords or Facebook advertising this will be very easy. One could say that Quora advertising was a sinthesis of its two predecessors.
Let’s sign in and fill in your personel details. This is quite straightforward.
In order to progress you have to start a Quora campaign
So go ahead and give your campaign a name and choose what your goal is. Is it to get people to visit your website or install your app?
If you are just starting out chose conversions i.e. visits to your website, then install the pixel. Click on the link Quora pixel and you will be taken to a page. See the second image below.
Add a pixel
A pixel is a code you place in the header of your website either directly or using Google Tag manager. The Quora pixel will allow you to see conversion data for your campaigns in the Quora Ads Manager, driving insights that can help optimise your performance and meet your goals.
[clickToTweet tweet=”If you are adding the Quora pixel I would recommend using google tag manager because inserting code directly into a WordPress site is very risky if you are not a developer. ” quote=”If you are adding the Quora pixel I would recommend using google tag manager because inserting code directly into a WordPress site is very risky if you are not a developer. “]
Please notice the four choices for Targeting
- Topic Targeting. This is a contextual targeting feature: ads will only show on pages where the page content is relevant to the topics you have selected. As a result the ads can be shown to all people on those pages.
- Question Targeting targets your ad to show up on specific question pages on Quora, tailoring your message to that content. This is Quora’s most granular level of targeting and allows you to capture impression share of interest at the question level.
- Audience Targeting is really retargeting an audience that you already have or finding a lookalike audience to target.
- Interest Targeting is a behavioral targeting feature: ads will only show to people who show interest on Quora in the topics you have selected. So the ads can be shown to these people on all pages, including question pages and feed.
Now we will fill in where we want our Quora ads to be shown and on what platforms
Above we can see how much we are prepared to bid for someone to visit our page. Once you have done this just click.
First of all, fill in your copy to describe what you would like to promote. The cases on the left that you have to fill in are reflected on the right. This is what your final ad will look like.
Now you have to enter payment details and you are good to go.
Hence your ad is now live. As people click on your ad you can see how effective it is by looking at the various dashboards.
The Quora Ads Manager
When you first log into Quora’s advertising platform, the first thing you will see is the Ads Manager.
Under “Manage Ads” tab there are two sections: Spending Summary and All Campaigns. We’ll investigate both of these sections.
Section 1. Spending Summary
Most noteworthy: under the spending summary, you will see an interactive graph. This graph shows how much you spend over time:
Section 2. All Campaigns
Quora’s dashboard shows a summary of all your campaigns.
Hence it offers access to important metrics as you can see above:
- Cost per Click
- Conversion % (or conversion rate)
- Remaining Budget
Before looking at the insides of a campaign, let’s first review how Quora campaigns are organised.
Especially relevant: every Quora campaign has three layers:
- Ad set
So I have started a Quora ads campaign. The best way is to experiment with it and then come back to our blog on advanced Quora advertising.